FROM THE GARDEN OF IRELAND
FROM THE GARDEN OF IRELAND
VIXEN CBD comes from hemp that is grown, dried and extracted on our family farm in Co. Wicklow, ensuring maximum traceability. We use EU Certified hemp seed, grown with pesticide-free sustainable agricultural practices. The only ingredient used in the manufacture of VIXEN CBD Oil is hemp, utilizing various parts of this amazing plant. We are licensed by HPRA to grow the hemp and our premises and processes are certified by the HSE and DAFM.
To ensure there is no damage to the cannabinoids or loss of nutrients we use a specialised hemp drier and cold press machines that are operated at low temperatures. VIXEN CBD offers a full spectrum hemp oil that is produced via cold pressing the entire hemp plant (including seeds, flowers, leaves and stems). It is called full spectrum oil because it contains all the cannabinoids naturally occurring in the hemp plant, including CBD.
Here at VIXEN CBD our purpose is to provide our customers with the highest quality cold-pressed hemp oil, containing CBD and a blend of other Cannabinoids, as well as essential fatty acids and the many other nutrients of the hemp plant. Our vision is for an ever increasing number of people to experience the many benefits of cold-pressed, full-spectrum CBD Oil, and to trust VIXEN to supply it.
BENEFITS OF COLD PRESSING
It is important to note that not all CBD is created equal. Cannabinoids such as CBD can be extracted from hemp using several methods. Vixen CBD uses cold pressing, which is an alternative to industrial extraction means such as the use of ethanol or CO2. The majority of golden coloured CBD oil on the market is extracted using CO2 or Ethanol. These extraction methods are widely utilized for their efficiency and ultimately their ability to mass produce. As well as this, most of the ethanol or CO2-extracted CBD oil on the market uses a carrier oil (such as MCT) rather than hemp oil used in VIXEN CBD.
Cold pressing, as used here at Vixen CBD, is a slower extraction process and does not have the aesthetically pleasing golden colour of mass produced ethanol and CO2 extracted CBD. However, cold pressing yields superior results in terms of its nutrient content and low environmental impact.
Advantages include but are not limited to:
- Use of state of the art cold press machines that use high pressure to naturally release the many beneficial cannabinoids from the plant. Studies have revealed that hemp contains over 100 cannabinoids such as CBD, CBDA, CBC, CBG and CBGA. The presence of all of these cannabinoids in VIXEN CBD oil leads to the phenomenon known as the entourage effect. When working together, these cannabinoids have more of a beneficial effect within the human body than a single cannabinoid alone (as is found in many other CBD products on the market).
- Cold pressing extracts the oil in its raw and unrefined state. The resultant dark green oil is rich in terpenes, chlorophyll and wax as well as containing all of the goodness of cannabinoids.
The inclusion of hemp seeds ensures that the oil contains the essential fatty acids Omega-3 & 6, GLA & SDA. The Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio of 3:1, plus the GLA and SDA, makes hemp oil one of the most balanced and healthy oils on the market.
By using the whole hemp plant, VIXEN CBD oil contains a balance of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants such as Vitamin E.
- Our cold pressed CBD oil is completely natural and is not chemically cleaned or bleached. The sediments are removed using filtration.
- Cold pressing has a low environmental impact with minimum energy consumption.
- The cold pressing machines used by VIXEN CBD homogenize the oil which reduces the particle size and evidence suggests that this in turn increases the efficacy of the cannabinoids in the body.